Friday 3 April 2015

Revlon Strawberry Suede dupe 2.0!

So remember back in June when I found dupes for the discontinued Revlon Super Lustrous matte lipstick Strawberry Suede? Well today Strawberry Suede is back to haunt us! Get ready people, because today I have for you… a REVLON reincarnation!




When I laid eyes on the new matte shades from Revlon’s Super Lustrous line, straight away my eyes zoned in on a coral red – Paradise Pink.


Do you ever get so excited by beauty products that you hyperventilate a little and get a little dizzy? That’s exactly what happened when I swatched Paradise Pink on my hand; 
oooh pretty,” *then wide eyed* “OMG I know this colour! It’s Strawberry Suede!
And in next to no time, I was paying the bill and racing home to confirm my discovery. I dug through my drawers and swatched both lipsticks on my hand; yes, Doppelgänger!


Revlon Paradise Pink is a matte shade from their Super Lustrous line. It’s a pinky-red coral and slowly fades to a strawberry stain as the day goes by. The matte formula glides on smoothly and is long lasting and comfortable to wear. The lipstick itself isn’t drying but if you have dry patches if will definitely show. Paradise Pink is such a special shade, not quite red, not quite pink, not quite coral. It’s such a fun colour and I always get compliments when I wear it out in the evening. In comparison to a true red lipstick, Paradise Pink is more subdued and wearable. I wore it to school today and no one gave me weird looks.

I'm wearing both lipsticks, Paradise Pink on your left, and Strawberry Suede on your right, and they're identical! (my hair isn't white, it's just the sun)

The discontinued Strawberry Suede was a cult classic, so I’m glad Revlon has reincarnated it à la Paradise Pink. Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks are definitely a favourite of mine and at $59hkd for 4.2g of lipstick, it really doesn’t get much better. Actually it does, 'cause Revlon Paradise Pink is also a dupe for the limited edition MAC lipstick - Toxic Tale! I don't own Toxic Tale so I can't show you a comparison, but I do have a post on my limited editions MAC lipsticks which features a few dupes too. So you should hop on over pronto if you haven't seen it yet!


Do you have any dupes for your favourite lipsticks? 

Happy Easter holidays, beautiful strangers! :)

1 comment: