Friday 6 March 2015

MAC Bao Bao Wan lipsticks

Hello beautiful strangers! I finally got the long awaited lipsticks from the MAC Bao Bao Wan collection, and just couldn't wait to share them with you!


let's just pretend this is 'artsy' not blurry
Bao Bao Wan is a renowned jewellery designer and socialite in China. Her collection was inspired by her decadent designs and precious gems, which is certainly reflected in the beautiful jewel-tone colours and luxe packaging. There are four lipsticks in this collection (among other things), I didn't pick up the nude (Romantic Breakdown, lustre) 'cause that's just not my jam. The remaining three beautiful bold shades all come in a matte finish.




Burmese Kiss - a bright pinky-red coral; 
Lavender Jade - a lavender with pink undertones;
Forbidden Sunrise - a vibrant orange
Burmese Kiss, Forbidden Sunrise, Lavender Jade

All three lipsticks swatch true to the colour in the tube. The matte formula is creamy and doesn't drag on the lips. The pigmentation is good and the colour is opaque with just one swipe. Lavender Jade being light in colour, may look a little patchy if you're not careful.

When I first saw the collection images on the interweb, I thought the packaging was hella ugly, but it's definitely better looking in person. It's slightly duo-chrome, metallic but matte, and textured to mimic velvet jewellery boxes. I still think it's kinda ugly, but quite unique, though I would have hoped for something more luxurious.



The lipsticks retail for $165HKD and the Bao Bao Wan collection launches on the 6th of March, worldwide in selected MAC stores; in Hong Kong it's available at Elements, A.P.M, Tseung Kwan O, Tuen Mun City Plaza and V-City Store (such inconvenient places... -.-)
The Cinderella collection (I am sooo disappointed in the packaging...) is also coming out on March 6th in HK.

I have a really fun post on MAC dupes coming up next week, so follow me and stay tuned!
Meanwhile, check out my swatches of the Miley Cyrus MAC Viva Glam collection ;)

x

2 comments: