Sunday 15 February 2015

Currently Obsessed

Hello Beautiful strangers, here's a much belated blog post on the things that I've been utterly obsessed with in the last two months.




The love affair with Wood Sage & Sea Salt is real guys, I've been wearing this everyday. You really need to give this a sniff if you pass by Jo Malone, I've never smelt anything like it. I hardly ever take baths so I don't even know why I bought the English Pear & Freesia bath oil... But I've just been using it as a perfume oil, dotting it on my pulse points to layer under Wood Sage & Sea Salt. I really like this combination, I don't know how to describe the scent but it reminds me of white wine.

I've also been addicted to the Bulldog Original Eye Roll-On. It's a skincare brand for men, but is there really that much of a difference between skincare for men and women? I always thought it was just the same thing, but in masculine packaging. Anyway, I got this for my boyfriend last last Christmas because his under-eyes were super wrinkly. But after a few weeks his eyes looked so much better, so naturally, I had to get one for myself. The roller-ball is so cool and soothing and the texture is light, yet so moisturising. I feel like I see a bigger difference with this then with other richer, more expensive eye creams. It's 15ml for less than a tenner - definitely worth picking this up for your boy (just to steal it back for yourself). 

Come winter, the Skin79 Super Plus Beblesh Balm is my base de jour. It boosts the triple functions of: Whitening, Wrinkle Improvement and UV Protecting with SPF 25 PA++. It has a really thick consistency so it doesn't cling on to dry patches and feels so moisturising and comfortable on the skin, making it my winter staple since 2012. I buff this into my skin with a buffing brush and it does a really good job at blurring over pores and evening out your complexion. It has a dewy finish so it's best set with powder for longevity and since it's really thick, it's definitely not one for summer. The downside however is, like most BB creams, it only comes in one shade so it only works for fair complexions. It's lightly fragranced, but I do find the scent very comforting because I just know that my skin will always look good with this stuff. ;)

I blogged about the gorgeous Benefit Christmas Blush Palette here, and the two shades that I've been using non stop are Rockateur and Dandelion. Rockateur is a warm-toned rose-brown with a satin shimmer and Dandelion is light pink with a soft sheen. The pigmentation is great and they're both so natural and easy to wear ~ love!

Everyone loves glowy skin, and Benefit Watt's Up is what I've been using to achieve that. This champagne highlighter gives a gorgeous natural sheen and it isn't at all glittery. Cream highlighters are usually more forgiving too as they blend in seamlessly and won't accentuate dry patches or look powdery.



And last but not less, the most ahh~mazing nail polish ever! I am utterly obsessed with Northern Light by Models Own, a clear polish packed with fine holographic glitter with a pink finish. I layered two coats over a shimmery polish, but three coats alone will give you full opacity. The hologram is visible in both sunlight and artificial light. This is definitely the most fun polish I've come across in ages... but it was such a pain to remove *cry*

I can't believe I put off writing this post for so long, cause I'm seriously seriously in love with these products. It's a miserable rainy Sunday here in Hong Kong, but I hope y'all feeling extremely loved this Valentines :)

Linzi x

No comments:

Post a Comment