Wednesday 19 November 2014

Shop my Stash: Lips

With the change of seasons, comes the change in lip colours, and since I really need to refrain from spending money on unnecessary things, I did a little shopping around in my collection and here are the six lippies that I've rekindled my love for.



As the weather becomes drier and colder, my moisturising lipsticks come back out to play. Berry Smoothie is my absolute favourite Revlon Lip Butter - it's like my lips but better with a tinge of berry, making it a great autumn staple. The teeny gold and pink sparkles make your lips look plump and juicy. The Rimmel Moisture Renew lipsticks are, in my opinion, one of the greatest offerings on the high-street. In love with Ginger is a great orangey-red that really brightens things up on dreary winter days. As it's a moisturising formula, it does have a lot of slip so it's best not to kiss anyone. My friend threw a soft toy at my face and I got this on the otter, oops.

Berry/Plum lips are synonymous with cold weather, but I'm not brave enough for a really dark lip so I've picked some raspberries rather than a full-on plum. Deep Raspberry from the Loreal Colour Riche line is what I would describe as a muted pinky-red with mauve undertones. Rimmel Kate #11 is a cool-toned deep red and doesn't actually look that dark on the lips so it's a good option for those still testing the waters with a dark lip. 

I never really embraced the nude lip until this year and the Maybelline Colour Whisper in Lust for Blush is becoming a firm favourite. It's actually more of a cool-toned milky pink, but I think that looks better against my complexion as opposed to a peachy or browner nude. Tanya Burr's lip gloss in Chic is actually opaque enough to be worn alone so it's a great effortless option for nude noobs like me; I've swatched it on my lips here.


Direct sunlight (L to R): Revlon Berry Smoothie, Rimmel In love with Ginger, Loreal Deep Raspberry, Rimmel Kate #11, Maybelline Lust for Blush, Tanya Burr Chic
Outdoor Shade (L to R): Revlon Berry Smoothie, Rimmel In love with Ginger, Loreal Deep Raspberry, Rimmel Kate #11, Maybelline Lust for Blush, Tanya Burr Chic

What have you pulled back out of your stash lately? Stay tuned for a nail polish edition coming up later this week ;)

Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!

Linzi x

No comments:

Post a Comment