Sunday 21 September 2014

Makeup Empties: Lancôme Mascara & K-Palette Eyeliner

Hello beautiful strangers! Apologies for the long absence I haven't abandoned you, I promise! Uni has started again and I've been busy adjusting to the real world. Anyway, today let's talk eye make up - I've used up a mascara and an eyeliner, so let's see what I thought of them...



Lancôme Hypnôse Star Waterproof Mascara in Midnight Noir

"Show stopping volume mascara that provides weightless volume, luscious length, 24 hour wear.
Weightless Volume, Defined and Lengthened Lashes"

It’s probably the prettiest mascara I’ve ever seen – I love the slick curves and obviously, the glitter. As amazing as the packaging is, the mascara itself didn’t wow me. 
It was nice, it did feel very weightless, and it was very lengthening and defining. But show stopping volume, umm what? I didn’t see that at all. On me, it held a curl reasonably well, and gave a very fluttery but natural look. I suppose this is all down to the wand, the triangular shape effectively separated and defined my lashes, and the narrow head was good for getting into the inner and outer corners. The “midnight noir” formula was supposed to give a very intense black and shiny finish. It was just as black as the average mascara… I really didn’t notice a difference, but could it just be that my lashes are naturally black? In terms of waterproofness - 24 hour wear? Yeah, I don’t think so. It was relatively waterproof, but it flakes, which is really annoying. Also, it is a pain in the butt to remove! Ironically, I had a really hard time trying to get it off with Lancôme Bi-facil, hahaha.
Big claims and sparkly packaging, this mascara was definitely not a star.



The original is my absolute favourite liquid eyeliner, so when I saw this micro version, I was really curious to try it. As the name suggests, this little one has the teeniest tiniest 0.05mm brush tip (I don't think the photos truly capture how thin it really is). While the ultra thin tip is great for really getting into the lash line and achieving an invisible liner look, the thin flimsiness of it is not ideal for precision. The tip isn't firm enough for a precised winged liner, and as it's so thin, it takes a while to build it up for a thicker line, so it's not the most efficient or versatile liner. When it comes to being waterproof, K-Palette really know what they're doing! Like the original it's very smudge-proof, but because it's a thinner line I find that it's more likely to disappear at the end of a long day. I did enjoy using this liner, but I'll be sticking to the original since it's more versatile and easier to use.

What should I try next? What are your favourites, do share!

I'm flabbergasted that we're already 3/4 into September! Shout out to all the students reading my blog, how's school/uni so far? Hope you're all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment