Monday 21 July 2014

Review & Swatches: Tanya Burr Lip glosses

Wouldn't it be the life if we could just Picnic in the Park on a ChicExotic Island while we Smile, Dream, Sparkle all day every day? As idyllic as that sounds, sadly we all have something called responsibilities so we’ll just have to make do by indulging in lip glosses. If you haven’t guessed already, today we’re talking about some of my favourite lip glosses– the Tanya Burr lip gloss line.


My number one criteria for lip glosses are that they’re not sticky, and these lip glosses certainly fit the bill. The Tanya Burr lip glosses are non-sticky, moisturising and doesn’t cling to dry/flaky patches. They smooth over your lips offering moisture and mega shine. The pigmentation of these glosses are great and they show up true to colour on your lips (omg, doesn’t it annoy you so much when lip glosses don’t show up like the pretty colour in the tube). But most importantly, these lip glosses smell so freakin’ good! They smell like strawberry roll-up and the scent isn’t plasticky or artificial at all. They smell just like strawberry lollies and if you sniff hard enough you catch a whiff of honey, well at least I do anyway.

L-to-R: smile, dream sparkle; exotic island; chic; picnic in the park
As excited as I was to try these, buying things online is always tricky, and being the most indecisive person in the world, I spent so so soooo long looking at swatches online before deciding on the ones I chose. So in order to help you make your picks, I’ve swatched them for you, both on my arm and on my lips. So enjoy everyone :)

Smile, Dream, Sparkle
 Smile, Dream, Sparkle was the first colour I picked up. I was looking for something subtly sparkly to give the illusion of fuller lips or to layer over lipsticks for a bit more oomph. So Smile, Dream, Sparkle was perfect, it’s sheer and very sparkly and shiny. I’ve had it since the end of April and it’s the one I reach for most as it’s so subtle and versatile. I like to throw it in my bag and use it as lip balm because it’s that moisturising.

I picked up the following three glosses like ten days later because I was that in love. All three are in a cream finish.

Chic
Finding the perfect nude lip gloss is no easy task, but Miss Tanya Burr has made it a lot easier with this little beauty. Chic is a gorgeous peachy beige. It’s opaque enough to wear on its own, and equally pretty layered over your fav nude lipstick. It’s a lovely nude lip with enough colour to brighten the face and the most opaque gloss of the bunch.

Picnic in the Park
Picnic in the park is like summer in a bottle. This warm corally bright pink is super girly and super fun. The camera didn't pick up how truly bright this lip gloss is, my apologies :(

Exotic Island
Exotic Island is to die for! No seriously, it’s one of the most gorgeous lip gloss shades I’ve seen in a long time. It’s a crazy vibrant magenta with a jelly-like finish, it’s simply so so stunning! Exotic Island is the most fitting name because this is exactly what I would wear on holiday – sunglasses and a bold statement lip.



 The names Tanya chose for each gloss is so fitting – Smile, Dream, Sparkle enhances your smile as it’s sheer and not distractingly bright; and there is nothing more timeless and Chic than a flattering nude lip; and there is nothing more fun than Picnic in the Park. The colour is so universally flattering on all complexions, just like how an actual picnic is an activity that suits everyone – young and old, male, female, animals, aliens etc… wow, I am reading why too much into this (this is what IB English literature does to you, you will forever over analyse everything)

I really like these glosses and would definitely recommend them to those with sticky-lipgloss-phobia. But mind you, once you get addicted to lip gloss, there is no turning back...
Oh, and did I mention these smell so damn delightful? ;) I reckon that's a really important factor for lip glosses; whenever you have sweet cravings, just get out your lip gloss, apply and inhale. And now that your lips are so prettily glossed you wouldn't want to ruin it by eating now would you?

Clockwise from top left: Chic; Smile, Dream, Sparkle; Exotic Island; Picnic in the Park
Alongside her lip glosses - which are available here and here, Tanya also has a line of nail polishes, which I would love to try, if only shipping restrictions weren't so stupid. *sigh*

You would expect that on a blog named Lipsticks for Lunch there would be posts about lip products all the time, so it's pretty ridiculous that my last lip product post was almost a month ago; my apologies. 

Have a lovely week, people! Hope this colourful post brightens up your Monday :)

2 comments:

  1. Omg these look so good! And that's a lot coming from an anti lipglosser haha. And yay for lip swatches! Not enough people do them. I love picnic in the park, though they all look amazing on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , I'm glad you liked it!
      I hate it when people review colourful products but don't swatch them for you...

      Delete