Thursday 3 July 2014

Empties: Kiehl's Skincare

Hello beautiful strangers, today I'm sharing with you mini reviews on two Kiehl's skincare products that I've used up lately.


Ultra Facial Cream
Though I've never bought the full size, I've been through countless sachets of samples and deluxe-sized samples. I really like this. It's made my skin feel instantly better after long flights and exposure to harsh cold weather. It's a no fuss moisturiser that sinks in quickly and leaves skin feeling comfortable. But here's the down side, the ingredients are filled with nasties. I'm no scientist but if you google these, you probably wouldn't want to put them on your face. :(

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Squalane, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Sucrose Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Imperata Cylindrica Root Extract, PEG-8 Stearate, Urea, Myristyl Myristate, Pentaerithrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice Bran) Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, PEG-8, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Sweet Almond Oil, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, Glycine Soja (Soybean)Oil, Tocopherol, Collagen, Hydroxypalmitoyl, Sphinganine, Chitosan, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate

Midnight Recovery Concentrate
"A Replenishing Elixir of Pure Essential Oils and Distilled Botanicals to Visibly Restore the Appearance of Skin by Morning"

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Squalane, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Jojoba Seed Oil, Coriander Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Lavender Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Linalool, Rosemary Leaf Oil, Citronellol, Geraniol, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Cucumber Fruit Extract, Turmeric Root Extract, Limonene, Citral, Sclareolide, Rose Flower Oil, Jasmine Extract, Sunflower Seed Oil

I like face oils, they're so simple and nourishing. Midnight Recovery Concentrate is an "elixir" packed full of natural plant oils like, jojoba oil, evening primrose oil and coriander seed oil. In the morning my skin feels soft and looks plumper. It diminishes the dehydration lines on my forehead. I gave a bottle to my mum and she really likes it too. It keeps her aging skin looking plump and provides a good dose of hydration. This oil has that same scent most natural oils do, but with a strong lavender note. The scent makes massaging this into your face such a relaxing ritual to do before bed. I also really like the packaging, this little blue glass bottle with a dropper top is like something you would get at the apothecary. Like most serums, this stuff isn't cheap, but it is very very lovely. For something more budget friendly check out the plant oils at the dispensary/health store, rosehip oil and camellia seed oil are great options. 

Have you tried these? What are your favourite Kiehl's products? 

How have you all been? As I mentioned in my Loves of June, I went to the July 1st protest rally. I'm very ignorant when it comes to current events and I've never really cared about politics. But participating in the march, it was so overwhelming(in a good way) to see so many people fighting to make HK better. Over 500,000 marchers participated - that is just incredible! It makes me really sad the way HK has become. What is the point of freedom of speech when your government doesn't listen? Anyway, hope you're all way

Linzi 

2 comments:

  1. Midnight Recovery Concentrate is hands down one of the best products ever. I also really like their cream deodorant. No heavy smells and absolutely stops your BO! I prefer cream based deodorants way more than sprays, I feel like they are less harsh :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I'm very curious to try that! I hate how strong spray deos smell

      Delete